Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Night at the Museum

Saw it last week. A cute movie, and definitely one I'd recommend for family & kids. Course, me, Simon and my brother are all way past childhood, but we still enjoyed it!!

I don't want to give any spoilers. But if you love the idea of things at a museum coming to life, like I did, you'll get off on watching this movie. We loved the T-rex acting like a dog. Cute.

THe 3 older guards who were retiring were a surprise element. Dick Van Dyke, Mickey Rooney (man he's getting old, thought he had truly reited:), and Bill Cobbs.

The explanation for why the statues, etc., in the museum came alive, was adequate to me as a movie goer. The "rescue" scene of the tablet was very cool. Ben Stiller going from "I have to work here" attitude to loving it, was nice.

Hey, I would have loved working this job myself, even if the things didn't come alive. But that would have been too awesome. Being able to talk to Roosevelt, who Robin Williams played with his usual charm, and other historical figures would be too much.

Course, having the T-rex, a mammoth, and various safari creatures running amuck, would be tough. But if Ben had listened in the first place, he would have known how to handle them. He learned the hard way, but then was proud of himself for getting the characters in control, and also teaching them to get along with one another.

Sometimes we feel like we wasted our money going to a movie, few of them "wow" us like Jurassic Park, Nemo, Shrek, or Terminator II. This was one of those that we felt we did not blow our money, but was not a wow factor.

Myra Nour
www.myranour.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home