Sunday, June 25, 2006

RT/Part II. For readers and authors who haven't been to RT, I'm detailing some things in my blog, so you can get more of a picture of how things looked and felt.

I complied Part II of RT blog almost a week ago. I spent a lot of time on it, and then Chris came home. When she headed for the computer, I said, "Don't knock off the blog I'm working on." Sure enough, when I went back in a bit and tried to post it, was gone. She had gone into her Myspace, knocking my blog off. I was pissed!!

So, here I am doing it again. Since she is gone to drill, I'm going to compose and post it before she gets home. I hope I can remember most of what I wrote.

Wednesday morning we were shocked when we went to the lobby and saw a long line of folks at the registratiion. I saw a pretty girl with long braids and thought, "That has to be Flash". After we registered I introduced myself to the one and only Flash. What a cutie.

I saw Dakota Cassidy pass by but didn't have time to speak to her. Another pretty girl. Beautiful face and hair. Then we went to promo ally to set up. It was a long hallway with tables along it. Each author had about 2 feet of space, which is enough for PR items.

Lunch was OK, a sandwich. It was honoring Borders/Waldenbooks, which was nice. We couldn't find a place to sit at first. They didn't put enough tables out. After a while, they found spaces for people at tables were no one sat. When we sat down, I was trying to see the badge of the lady next to us and was surprised to see it was an editor from New Concepts Publishing.

After talking for a few minutes, I realized it was Jeri, the head editor! She was such a nice lady and we hit it off. Next to her was Barbara, another NCP editor. Jeri told me she didn't have but a few PR items on the table in Club RT, so I brought different ones to her later. For those who may not know, NCP is one of my publishers.

Club RT was set up in a room, which was too small. Talk about cozy! They had tables for authors, with a small sign over the table with your name. Authors switched every 30 minutes with someone new. Around the circumstance of the room were tables set up for publishers. I saw NCP, Venus Press, Siren Publishing, Amber Quill, and there were others as well. Across the front were lovely giveaway baskets from the authors. Scattered throughout the room were vendors selling neat items from beautiful scarves & shawls, to unique book covers. I got so busy I forgot to shop!!

I attended a workshop about pitching to agents/editors. It was good. I finally met Linnea Sinclair, another beauty. I was scheduled for Club RT at 3:30. I was stuck in a bad spot and didn't have anyone come by as I expected. But it was fun watching everyone. I also left to take things to the NCP table so I might have missed someone.

I talked to Brenna Lyons for a bit, what a bright person. I was so shocked when we met, because I expected her to be older. I can't remember if it was her or someone else who told me that Kimberly was selling the chocolate male & female parts. I forgot to mention at the jacuzzi the night before, a lady stopped by to loudly announce she had bought a chocolate "c" lollipop.
I decided I wanted a female one for Simon, that it'd be funny to see his face when he saw his gift. I arranged to meet Kimberly later and picked out a choclolate "p". It was laying on the desk when he came in later, and he was shocked. It was like, "what...?"

Dinner that night was nice, I don't remember what we ate. I think it was honoring RT magazine. Memory getting fuzzy here. They talked about RT mag, how it got started, introduced staff. That's when a light went off and I realized Kathryn Faulk was the lady who asked if Simon was a hunk the day before at breakfast. Jeez!

There wasn't much time between after dinner and getting ready for the EC party. Any time that we had, we were either checking my stuff on promo ally, or talking to people. EC wanted authors there at 8:15 to get organized and take pictures. Darn, I wanted to attend the Belly Dancing present between 8-9, but you can't be two places at once!

We went as male and female genies. I used one of my belly dancing outfits and got many compliments from ladies. I put one of my old costume jewelry necklaces across my forehead - onyx and silver so it matched perfectly. My outfit was black and silver except for the aqua & silver coin scarf on my hips.

I'm going to stop for now. Simon and I have to go do some things. I'll pick up with the EC party in the next blog.

Myra

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home