Saturday, June 24, 2006

RT was a blast/Part 1

Wow, RT was so much fun!! There was also so much going on, I'm going to break this blog into several parts.

Let's start with the arrival. Simon and I got there on Sunday evening. There weren't many folks around, which was kinda nice so we could check the place out. The beach has the softest sand I've ever felt, very nice. There was a nice breeze blowing and continued everyday after. It wasn't too hot, and someone told me there was a cold front.:)

Monday we hung out at the beach, rented an umbrella, so for me, the one who burns, it was great! The water was too cold to swim in, which was kind of surprising. We thought Florida would have pretty warm water by May, but I guess it'd be June before it warms up to where we'd like the temperature. There were a few people swimming, of course. There always are! We still didn't meet anyone.

That evening we went to visit Simon's cousin, Karam, who we haven't seen for many years. He has a very lovely wife and 5 great kids! It was a wonderful visit, and we got treated to Lebanese food. Yum.

Tuesday we were shocked when we came downstairs and found the long line waiting for registration. We met a reader from Toronto Canada. Now that was a drive. I saw a tall attractive girl who I knew had to be Flash. I managed to catch her after we registered, and indeed it was the one and only Flash!! I was amazed at the costumes she wore throughout the week, so creative, sexy, and some just amazing. The Egyptian outfit she wore at the bookfair was the bomb!!!

I saw Dakota Cassidy walk by but didn't get a chance to introduce myself to later. She was very pretty.
We didn't have anything to do until night, when we had a Luau. It was held in a room way too small for the crowd, so many of the people were standing around. Simon nudged me and said look who's here, it was two sisters we knew from our San Antonio RWA. I was so pleased to find someone I knew. Diana DeBalko was now an editor for Siren Publishing.
I told her I didn't have any editor or agent appointments because I'm in between books. She said I could submit a proposal to her. That was sweet, but heck, I have enough to do to keep up with what I need to get done for NCP and EC!

We managed to find a table, where we could put our plates down and eat. We met Maggie, who was very quiet. She was by herself, and had come to make appointments as an aspiring author. Later, Deborah and Ron showed up. She's a reader and he gets dragged to RT.:) They were both so funny, we loved it.

After the party, we went to the jacuzzi. We hadn't been there long and a group popped in. These gals were from Newport News, VA, a great place. They were readers/aspiring authors and published authors. There was Lawan, Phyllis, Denise, & Cheryl. They were friends and attended the same RWA group. We also met Sharon, a shy, sweet girl who came later. She is also an aspiring author.

We had very lively discussions about writing. It was fun getting to know these gals, and you'll hear more about them later. Several other people came, but I can't remember names.
I forgot to mention entertainment at the party was nice. They had a group of ladies who presented different kinds of Hawaiin and island dances. I wouldn't mind learning one, they look fun.

That is it for now. Part two coming soon...
Myra Nour
www.myranour.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home